Latest News at SPAR
- SPAR Brings Christmas Cheer to Marie Curie
- SPAR Store Manager Receives New Years Honour
- £60K jackpot for SPAR customers in N England in 2021
- SPAR on store recruitment drive in North of Scotland
- Free P.E. resources to get children active during lockdown
- Certas Energy acquires Seven Forecourts in the North East
- SPAR wholesaler launches new store in Cumbria
- CJ Lang wins Environment Award
- SPAR Natural makes GB debut
- The Beast from the East brings out the best in team SPAR Scotland
- SPAR Scotland first retailer to Cook with Welby
- 6,000 home deliveries dispatched from Quinn's SPAR
- SPAR Scotland gives cash back to Communities
- Too Good To Go in 275 Stores
- Airdrie retailer becomes part of the SPAR Scotland family
- Ambitious young retailer takes home Asian Trader award.
- SPAR delivers landmark 1 million pieces of PPE
- Celebrating female role models in sport
- SPAR Scotland raises £59k for Marie Curie
- AFB Launch Charity Campaign
- SPAR Coylton looks bigger and better
- SPAR Scotland extends its Snappy Shopper network
- SPAR Scotland rolls out new food-to-go brand, CJ's
- £10k Quids In Winner Announced
- SPAR's Virtual Conference
- SPAR Haworth re-opens
- SPAR Wins Big
- The future of convenience is with SPAR
- SPAR Scotland & Scottish FA
- Wellbank welcomes SPAR store
- SPAR Scotland unveils new lorry designed by 8 year old
- Community Cashback Winners Announced
- SPAR Moffat Driven to Success
- SPAR Scotland Ready For More
- SPAR Scotland Launches Euros Campaign
- Record Sales with CJ's
- SPAR Scotland trials fruit campaign
- The First SPAR UK Fresh Concept Store Opens in NI
- SPAR Scotland launch driver apprenticeship scheme
- Blakemore Retail Launches First SPAR Market Store
- Roadchef chooses EDGEPoS for its SPAR stores
- SPAR celebrates opening in Blantyre
- CJ Lang Receives RoSPA Award
- SPAR MD Louise Hoste Announced as New Chair of ACS
- The Convenience Awards 2021 winners revealed
SPAR Scotland, the leading convenience store group in Scotland, has raised £59,350 during 2020 for Marie Curie from collection tins sited in 108 company owned SPAR stores.
Marie Curie collection tins sit on counter tops in SPAR Scotland company owned stores to encourage staff and customers to donate any loose change to the charity and as a result 130 SPAR stores have raised £59,530 over the last 12 months.
Marie Curie is the UK’s leading end of life charity and nurses have been working on the frontline providing nursing care and support for dying people with and without coronavirus. Marie Curie Nurses and hospice staff continue working to ensure patients and their loved ones receive vital care and support at the end of life.
In addition to collection tins, SPAR Scotland also support annual events like the Great Daffodil Appeal and the Great Bloomin Tea Party. Alongside national events, SPAR Scotland supports through numerous local activities and initiatives.
Colin McLean, CEO of SPAR Scotland, said: “The beauty of the SPAR partnership with Marie Curie is that it allows us to utilise the huge number of SPAR stores within our organisation. Whether that’s through collection tins, in-store fundraising events, SPAR own-label product donations or daffodils sold in our stores, we look to raise awareness of the charity in every way possible.”
SPAR Scotland is also delighted to announce that Marie Curie Nurses will feature as part of its ‘Behind the Scenes’ campaign which launched earlier this year. “Along with colleague stories, we feel it is important to share the stories from Marie Curie Nurses and recognise their hard work and all they are doing to support our communities,” added McLean.
Christine Connor, Corporate Partnerships Manager Scotland for Marie Curie adds: “The partnership between Marie Curie and SPAR Scotland is very special. In a year like no other when fundraising opportunities across Scotland have been decimated by the Pandemic, the monies raised in 2020 by SPAR Scotland and their customers is nothing short of exceptional!
This fantastic figure of £59,350.00 showcases the power of lose change, be it a penny or a pound, every coin dropped into collection cans across the stores makes such a difference to the lives of vulnerable patients and families who are living with or bereaved by a terminal illness across Scotland.
Thanks to each and every one of you who contributed from everyone at Marie Curie and from the patients and families we care for. You are amazing!
SPAR has been Marie Curie’s national charity partner since 2017 and in that time the convenience store group has raised £1.67m for the charity.
Find your local SPAR