Latest News at SPAR
- SPAR Brings Christmas Cheer to Marie Curie
- SPAR Store Manager Receives New Years Honour
- £60K jackpot for SPAR customers in N England in 2021
- SPAR on store recruitment drive in North of Scotland
- Free P.E. resources to get children active during lockdown
- Certas Energy acquires Seven Forecourts in the North East
- SPAR wholesaler launches new store in Cumbria
- CJ Lang wins Environment Award
- SPAR Natural makes GB debut
- The Beast from the East brings out the best in team SPAR Scotland
- SPAR Scotland first retailer to Cook with Welby
- 6,000 home deliveries dispatched from Quinn's SPAR
- SPAR Scotland gives cash back to Communities
- Too Good To Go in 275 Stores
- Airdrie retailer becomes part of the SPAR Scotland family
- Ambitious young retailer takes home Asian Trader award.
- SPAR delivers landmark 1 million pieces of PPE
- Celebrating female role models in sport
- SPAR Scotland raises £59k for Marie Curie
- AFB Launch Charity Campaign
- SPAR Coylton looks bigger and better
- SPAR Scotland extends its Snappy Shopper network
- SPAR Scotland rolls out new food-to-go brand, CJ's
- £10k Quids In Winner Announced
- SPAR's Virtual Conference
- SPAR Haworth re-opens
- SPAR Wins Big
- The future of convenience is with SPAR
- SPAR Scotland & Scottish FA
- Wellbank welcomes SPAR store
- SPAR Scotland unveils new lorry designed by 8 year old
- Community Cashback Winners Announced
- SPAR Moffat Driven to Success
- SPAR Scotland Ready For More
- SPAR Scotland Launches Euros Campaign
- Record Sales with CJ's
- SPAR Scotland trials fruit campaign
- The First SPAR UK Fresh Concept Store Opens in NI
- SPAR Scotland launch driver apprenticeship scheme
- Blakemore Retail Launches First SPAR Market Store
- Roadchef chooses EDGEPoS for its SPAR stores
- SPAR celebrates opening in Blantyre
- CJ Lang Receives RoSPA Award
- SPAR MD Louise Hoste Announced as New Chair of ACS
- The Convenience Awards 2021 winners revealed
- Award Winning Spirits
- Luxury Mince Pies Win BBC Good Food Award
SPAR Scotland, the leading convenience retailer, is gearing up for a busy run into the UEFA European Football Championships.
Since the men’s Scottish football team qualified for the delayed Euro 2020 competition, SPAR Scotland logistics team have been busy preparing to ensure stores will be fit to support customers during the Football Championship.
Colin Chapman, CJ Lang & Son Ltd Distribution Director, said: “Over the last 12 months we have seen record volumes go through our depot in Dundee. At times it has been a challenge to keep stock flowing but we are very excited to have everything in place to support our independent SPAR retailers and stores during the Euro 2020 championships.
“There are a significant number of in-store activities and promotions planned for the next four weeks and with the addition of new stores, the current good spell of weather and football fans looking to watch the matches from home, we will be working around the clock to ensure availability and delivery to SPAR stores.
“We can see customers continue to use their local convenience SPAR stores. Last week depot volume was significantly up on forecast overall and it is looking similar for this week. Ambient volumes are up 20% and frozen volumes are up 90% on the same week two years ago and very close to last year’s record week,” he said.
SPAR Scotland has recruited new drivers and warehouse operatives in recent weeks and is investing in a driver apprenticeship scheme, to ensure we meet the needs of our growing estate.
“The team are working very hard and showing great commitment to keep deliveries moving and getting stock into stores. The SPAR tartan army is ready to roll out its support for Scotland’s football team,” Chapman added. SPAR Scotland launches numerous events this weekend to support the Scottish men’s football team. TV advertising, marketing, digital and in-store activity starts on 11 June.
Find your local SPAR