Latest News at SPAR
- SPAR Brings Christmas Cheer to Marie Curie
- SPAR Store Manager Receives New Years Honour
- £60K jackpot for SPAR customers in N England in 2021
- SPAR on store recruitment drive in North of Scotland
- Free P.E. resources to get children active during lockdown
- Certas Energy acquires Seven Forecourts in the North East
- SPAR wholesaler launches new store in Cumbria
- CJ Lang wins Environment Award
- SPAR Natural makes GB debut
- The Beast from the East brings out the best in team SPAR Scotland
- SPAR Scotland first retailer to Cook with Welby
- 6,000 home deliveries dispatched from Quinn's SPAR
- SPAR Scotland gives cash back to Communities
- Too Good To Go in 275 Stores
- Airdrie retailer becomes part of the SPAR Scotland family
- Ambitious young retailer takes home Asian Trader award.
- SPAR delivers landmark 1 million pieces of PPE
- Celebrating female role models in sport
- SPAR Scotland raises £59k for Marie Curie
- AFB Launch Charity Campaign
- SPAR Coylton looks bigger and better
- SPAR Scotland extends its Snappy Shopper network
- SPAR Scotland rolls out new food-to-go brand, CJ's
- £10k Quids In Winner Announced
- SPAR's Virtual Conference
- SPAR Haworth re-opens
- SPAR Wins Big
- The future of convenience is with SPAR
- SPAR Scotland & Scottish FA
- Wellbank welcomes SPAR store
- SPAR Scotland unveils new lorry designed by 8 year old
- Community Cashback Winners Announced
- SPAR Moffat Driven to Success
- SPAR Scotland Ready For More
- SPAR Scotland Launches Euros Campaign
- Record Sales with CJ's
- SPAR Scotland trials fruit campaign
- The First SPAR UK Fresh Concept Store Opens in NI
- SPAR Scotland launch driver apprenticeship scheme
- Blakemore Retail Launches First SPAR Market Store
- Roadchef chooses EDGEPoS for its SPAR stores
- SPAR celebrates opening in Blantyre
- CJ Lang Receives RoSPA Award
- SPAR MD Louise Hoste Announced as New Chair of ACS
- The Convenience Awards 2021 winners revealed
- Award Winning Spirits
- Luxury Mince Pies Win BBC Good Food Award
SPAR Scotland, the leading symbol group, is launching a new campaign with The SGF Healthy Living Programme (HLP) where participating stores will give out free fruit to children to encourage them to eat more fruit and enjoy a healthier lifestyle.
The trial will take place in six SPAR Scotland stores in Aberdeen over two weeks from 14 to 25 June 2021. Participating SPAR stores will have a selection of fresh fruit available at till points and children will be encouraged to take a piece by store staff.
The joint initiative between SPAR Scotland and HLP highlights the support both organisations offer in promoting healthy options.
SPAR Scotland will be the first convenience retailer in Scotland to trial the initiative. Colin McLean CEO of SPAR Scotland said: “We were delighted to be approached by HLP to support them with this project. We look for our stores to promote healthier choices in all categories. We are looking forward to seeing all the children visit these stores and receiving free fruit.
We’ve partnered with HLP for many years now through a variety of different guises. However, this initiative sits well with us in terms of adding support to our grassroots partnership with the Scottish FA. It’s all about healthy eating and a healthy lifestyle.”
Kathryn Neil from HLP said: “We are delighted that SPAR Scotland have agreed to trial free fruit for children in selected stores. It is now more important than ever that healthier options are available to everyone no matter what their financial situation. SPAR Scotland will be the first convenience chain in Scotland to offer free fruit to children. We are hoping with the trial we can then introduce this campaign into other stores within the SPAR Scotland estate.
SPAR Scotland are continually at the forefront when creating links within their community and with their affiliation with the Scottish FA it is proven that a heathy lifestyle is top of the agenda for SPAR Scotland. With all this in mind, SPAR Scotland was the obvious ideal group to work on this trial with.”
The free fruit will include bananas, apples and oranges and will be available in baskets at the till points with fully branded POS provided by HLP.
Teams from SPAR and HLP will also be at the stores to hand out healthy goodie bags to children and adults alike. SPAR stores taking part are in Kincorth, Mastrick, Northfield, Tarves, Peterhead and Keith. SPAR Scotland will support the campaign in store and on its social media channels.
Find your local SPAR