Baked Filled Apples
An alternative way to have your ‘apple a day’! Just add double the ingredients to make double the baked apples! Easy enough to switch out the yoghurt for a vegan alternative too.
At a Glance
How to make Baked Filled Apples
A alternative way to use your apples up this season. A warm autumnal comforting dessert is perfect for a cosy evening in.
What you'll need:
- 1 ‘Granny Smith’ or ‘Gala’ apple per person
- 2 tablespoons walnuts
- 1 tablespoon raisins
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Cinnamon (optional)
- 60g Greek Style yoghurt per apple
- Pre-heat oven to 160C/140C fan oven/Gas Mark 3.
- Remove the core from the apple, keeping it intact.
- In an oven proof dish, add 5mm water. Place the apples in the dish and fill the centres with the chopped walnuts & raisins and teaspoon of honey. Pack close together so they do not fall over.
- Bake for 45 mins until tender.
- Remove with a large spoon, keeping the filling in the centre. Place each apple in a bowl with a little syrup from the dish.
- Top with cinnamon if desired, and serve with Greek style yoghurt.
Discover our quick and simple crumble recipe. Made with delicious fresh apples and sultanas.
Receive our latest deals, news and competitions straight to your inbox!