Discover our quick and simple crumble recipe. Made with delicious fresh apples and sultanas, our easy apple crumble is a humble dessert for the whole family.
At a Glance
How To Make Apple Crumble
Whether you’re cooking up a complete Sunday roast dinner, fancy a sweet snack or an indulgent breakfast, we have the best apple crumble recipe to fit the job. Find all the ingredients for apple crumble below, as well as how to make apple crumble taste delicious, in our recipe.
What you'll need:
- 500g Bramley apples
- 50g brown sugar
- 75g sultanas
- 1 lemon
- 200g flour
- 125g butter
- 75g Demerara sugar
- 1⁄2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Custard, double cream or ice cream to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Peel, core and slice 500g Bramley or cooking apples, and toss with 50g brown sugar, 75g sultanas and the finely grated zest and juice of a lemon.
- Spoon into a baking dish and allow to cool.
- Sift 200g flour into a large bowl, add 125g cubed butter and rub it into the flour to form your ideal crumb consistency.
- Stir in 75g Demerara sugar and 1⁄2 tsp ground cinnamon.
- Spoon your easy apple crumble mixture over the fruit and bake for 45 minutes until golden and bubbling.
- Serve hot with your choice of topping – custard, cream or ice cream!
Receive our latest deals, news and competitions straight to your inbox!