Chocolate Courgette Bread
This might sound like two ingredients that wouldn't go together, but trust us, it's delicious! Try this quick recipe using up your leftover end of the season courgettes and you'll get a perfectly moist chocolate cake which you wouldn't know was full of veggies!
At a Glance
How to make Chocolate Courgette Bread
To check if the baking powder is still fresh you can add ¼ teaspoon of powder to 1 tablespoon hot water. If it bubbles – the powder is good. The recipe is dairy free and high in fiber and nutrients.
What you'll need:
- 1 egg
- 225 g courgette
- 60 g sugar
- 125 ml vegetable oil
- 180 g all-purpose flour
- 30 g unsweetened cocoa powder
- 50 g dark chocolate chips (dairy free)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon fine salt
- Preheat the oven to 180 C and line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Whisk flour in a bowl with salt and baking powder. Add all ingredients except for these 3 to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Add flour and blend well. Blend for a few seconds until the flour is just combined. Add chocolate chips and pulse for a few seconds.
- Add batter to the loaf pan and smoothen the top. Sprinkle some more chocolate chips on top. Bake for 40 minutes.
- Remove the cake from the oven and let cool. Enjoy!
Receive our latest deals, news and competitions straight to your inbox!