Our eggs benedict recipe is easier than you may think. The perfect meal for a special someone, or a great way to start off an indulgent weekend, find out how to make eggs benedict below.
At a Glance
How To Make Eggs Benedict
A great go-to for a satisfying brunch, classic eggs benedict is a staple dish when it comes to treating yourself, or a loved one. Our eggs benedict recipe is also good practice for mastering the art of poached eggs.
What you'll need:
- To begin with, you’ll need to preheat your grill to a high temperature. You won’t be putting your eggs benedict under the grill for long, but you’ll want to achieve a light glaze on your hollandaise.
- Bring a pan of water to the boil. Once boiling, use this to poach your eggs. Cook each egg for approximately 2 minutes, then lift out with a slotted spoon. Place your eggs on kitchen roll to drain.
- While your eggs are poaching, lightly toast the muffin slices.
- Butter the muffins and place them onto a baking tray before adding a slice of cooked ham to each. Thicker ham is always a good option, as it helps to soak up the yolk as you savour the egg.
- Carefully add a poached egg on top of each ham slice. Use the slotted spoon to help. Don’t worry about bursting your yolks. You can always poach another egg, or simply let it run and spread more eggs benedict flavour – yum!
- Place your eggs benedict in the baking tray under the grill for approximately 20-30 seconds, then remove and set aside ready for serving.
- Serve on warm plates and garnish with a handful of rocket, and season with black pepper.
Receive our latest deals, news and competitions straight to your inbox!