Gluten Free French Toast
A fun way to make up your weekend’s breakfast or brunch, try out this gluten free French toast strips recipe, a great alternative to the usual scrambled eggs.
At a Glance
How to make Gluten-Free French Toast
Have you been missing out on your favourite brunch recipe? You can find our take on a gluten-free french toast below so you'll never have to miss out on a perfect gluten-free yet tasty brunch again!
What you'll need:
- 4 slices
- Schär gluten and wheat free Wholesome White Loaf
- 2 medium eggs
- 50 ml milk
- ¼ tsp cinnamon, ground
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 25 g butter
- 25 g raspberries or strawberries
- 25 g blueberries
- 2 tbsp SPAR maple syrup or honey
- Beat the eggs, milk, cinnamon and vanilla together in a shallow dish.
- Heat the butter in a large frying pan over a moderate heat.
- Cut the slices of bread in half and pass through the egg mixture ensuring that both sides are well coated and the bread is saturated with the egg mixture.
- Place into the frying pan and cook until golden brown, approximately 3 minutes, turn over with a fish slice and cook the other side, repeat until all the egg mixture has been used.
- To serve cut the French toast into finger sticks and divide between 2 plates, add the fresh raspberries and blueberries.
- Drizzle over the maple syrup and serve.
Receive our latest deals, news and competitions straight to your inbox!