Gluten Free Healthy Chinese Chicken Salad
Here’s a recipe fit for any summer get together. This is one of the more healthy gluten free recipes, sugar free and dairy free too! Discover more.
At a Glance
How to make a gluten-free Chinese chicken salad
Not many dishes tick as many boxes as this delicious Chinese Chicken Salad. Traditionally served with noodles, this adapted Asian dish is packed with seasonal colours and flavours. This is one of our favourite healthy gluten free recipes – and what’s more, it’s sugar free, dairy free and gluten free! It’s the perfect recipe to suit every guest at your summer gathering, a work lunch or just for a quick and healthy evening meal if you have a restricted diet.
What you'll need:
For the salad:
- 6 chicken thighs, on the bone (600g approx.)
- ½ red cabbage
- ½ green cabbage
- 3 x romaine lettuce bunches
- 6 spring onions
- 3 carrots
- 6-8 satsumas or clementines
For the dressing:
- 60ml of extra virgin olive oil
- 60ml of cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons of sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons of white sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of crushed black pepper
- Juice of 1 satsuma or clementine
- Start by preheating your oven to 180 degrees centigrade
- Dry roast your chicken thighs for approx. 30 minutes, ensure that the juices run clear
- Roughly tear and shred the meat from the thighs and leave to cool.
- Finely slice your cabbage.
- Finely slice your lettuce.
- Trim off both ends of your spring onion and finely slice.
- Peel and grate your carrots.
- Peel your satsumas or clementines, remove all the outer pith and segment.
- Add all of the above along with your cooled chicken into a large serving bowl.
- Add all of the ingredients listed above into a glass jar and shake until well blended.
- Pour over your salad and serve.
These sweet and sticky chicken wings are quick and easy to make and will become your new go to!
Receive our latest deals, news and competitions straight to your inbox!