Honey Soy Salmon
Cooking and searing the perfect piece of fish can seem intimidating at first, but once you get the hang of it, you’ll be serving up a delicious plate of honey soy salmon without any fuss! So whether you’re on a health kick or fancy a quick, fresh dinner, let our honey salmon recipe inspire you.
At a Glance
How to make Honey Soy Salmon
Find our honey soy salmon recipe below or, if you prefer something visual, find out how to make honey glazed sample in our quick video tutorial! Cooking for the whole family? Simply double up on ingredients to feed four.
What you'll need:
- 200g SPAR salmon fillets
- 1tsp honey
- 1tbsp soy sauce
- 1tsp garlic and ginger paste (can substitute for 2 fresh cloves of garlic and a small piece of ginger, grated)
- 1 red chilli pepper, finely chopped
- ½ broccoli head, chopped into florets
- 150g frozen peas, defrosted
- 1 pouch of microwavable rice or grains
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- Mix the honey, soy sauce, garlic and ginger paste, and red chilli in a bowl. Add the salmon fillets and marinade for at least 30 minutes. Top tip: If you have the time, or like planning ahead, marinating your honey soy salmon overnight will add more depth of flavour.
- Once your honey salmon is sufficiently marinated, preheat your oven to 180˚C. Line a baking tray with foil and pop your salmon fillets on skin side down – save the marinade! Bake for 10 – 12 minutes.
- In the meantime, heat a frying pan until quite hot. Add the broccoli and allow to char – don’t move it too much as you want a nice chargrilled effect. Turn the heat down and add the peas and rice or grains. Stir fry for a couple of minutes before adding the rest of the salmon marinade for a delicious honey soy salmon sauce.
- Split into two bowls, top with the honey glazed salmon and sprinkle over your spring onions.
Receive our latest deals, news and competitions straight to your inbox!