Italian Stuffed Peppers
Looking for a healthy, high protein meal to add to your Italian night routine? Look no further - Our signature Stuffed Peppers with Chicken and Rice are sure to hit the spot!
Packed full of flavour, vitamins and heartiness - You won’t be able to resist this delicious dish!
At a Glance
How to make Italian Stuffed Peppers
You can make several alterations to this recipe. Substitute chicken for any ground meat you want or have. It is even possible to make it a vegetarian option by substituting meat with cooked lentils. The recipe is high in protein and vitamins. Alternatively we have a vegetarian stuffed pepper recipe if you're looking for a vegetarian option for this dish!
What you'll need:
- 4 large red bell peppers
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 450 g ground chicken
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 can (400 g) diced tomatoes
- 80 g Mozzarella, shredded
- 300 g cooked brown rice
- 2 tablespoons basil, chopped
- 40 g Parmesan, shredded
- Preheat the oven to 190 C and coat a baking dish with cooking spray.
- Slice bell peppers in half from the top. Remove membranes and seeds and place into a baking dish, cut side up.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes and salt. Cook for 4 minutes. Drain excess liquid and add diced tomatoes with juices. Cook for 1 minute.
- Remove the pan from heat. Add in rice, parmesan, and mozzarella. Stuff peppers with filling and top with remaining cheeses.
- Add a splash of water into the pan with peppers and bake for 35 minutes. Top with basil. Serve and enjoy.
Receive our latest deals, news and competitions straight to your inbox!