Baked cheese - shaped like a mummy! What more could you want? The perfect sharer on the table, and you can go to town on different chutneys to enjoy on the side. This recipe has everything you need for a delicious Halloween, regardless of how you are celebrating.
At a Glance
How to Make Baked Camembert
This baked camembert is so easy to make, and the mummy design will delight any ghosts and ghouls at your party. Having an adults only affair? This baked camembert is perfect to pair with our Rios de los Andes Malbec
What you'll need:
- 2 Puff Pastry Rolls
- 1 Camembert Wheel
- 1 Egg
- 2 Slices of Mini Sausage
- 1 Spar Olive
- Roll out puff pastry on a board
- Add the camembert wheel in the middle and wrap the pasty around it so its fully covered
- With another puff pastry roll, slice 1-2cm slices and then wrap them around the cheese to create the bandage look.
- Once completed, crack an egg in a bowl and mix it. Use a brush to dip into the egg wash and cover the camembert.
- Place the sliced sausage and olive in the place of eyes
- Place onto baking paper on a baking tray and bake for 220º for 20 minutes
- Once it's golden brown & gooey on the inside - serve it with a selection of crusty bread, breadsticks and celery sticks - perfect for dipping!
Receive our latest deals, news and competitions straight to your inbox!