Mushroom and Black Bean Veggie Burger
Looking for the best veggie burger to serve at your next BBQ? Or perhaps you simply fancy a tasty mid-week meal? Our mushroom and black bean veggie burger recipe is the perfect choice! Ideal for batch cooking, you can whip up a few mushroom burgers to save for a rainy day – just pop them in the freezer!
At a Glance
How to make Veggie Burgers
A great source of antioxidants, our mushroom and black bean veggie burger recipe is the perfect choice for anyone trying to cut down on meat. To make them vegan just remove the cheese or substitute with your dairy-free favourite. Why not whip up a batch and save some veggie burgers for a rainy day?
What you'll need:
- 125g black beans, cooked
- 150g portobello mushrooms, finely diced
- 100g fresh cauliflower, minced
- 1tbsp garlic, crushed
- 75g red onion, finely diced
- 1tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1tbsp fresh herbs, finely chopped
- 3 large eggs
- 75g grated parmesan
- 60g fine breadcrumbs
- Olive oil, for frying
- Prepare the veggie burger patty mix by mashing your cooked black beans together in a bowl.
- Then, add the rest of your ingredients (bar the olive oil).
- Combine all the ingredients together until they’re well mixed.
- Start to form your patties – you should get around 6-8 burgers out of this recipe, depending on how big or small you want them! Top tip: Keep a bowl of cold water next to you and dip your fingertips in between each patty to keep the mixture from sticking.
- Now it’s time to cook your mushroom and black bean burgers! If you’re not throwing them on the BBQ, add some olive oil to a frying pan over a medium heat.
- Once the pan is hot, add in your veggie burger patties – 4 at a time should do the trick. Fry them for 5 minutes per side.
- And serve! Plate up your mushroom burgers with a side salad or pop them in a soft bun with some spicy relish and lettuce leaves.
Receive our latest deals, news and competitions straight to your inbox!