Enjoy this healthy, easy to make, viral breakfast dish that will make your morning even more special!
Start your day off right with our pesto eggs on toast. Simple yet flavorful, adding an egg to a simple toast isn't just super delicious but also healthy!
At a Glance
How to make Pesto Eggs
This recipe uses pesto instead of oil or butter to fry your eggs! Adding a thin layer of any kind of pesto to the pan really adds a new depth of flavor to your morning eggs.
What you'll need:
- 2 slices of bread
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp pesto of choice
- Hard, mature cheese (optional)
- Basil (or another fresh herb)
- Put bread in a toaster.
- Spoon pesto onto a pan over medium heat.
- Stir around and then crack the 2 eggs into the pan.
- Add 1 tsp of water to the pan and put a lid on it to help steam eggs and cook them through without them needing to be flipped, thus keeping the yolk soft.
- Once cooked to satisfaction, put eggs on toast.
- Add some grated cheese and seasoning, and finish off with some fresh herbs.
Receive our latest deals, news and competitions straight to your inbox!