Our vegan pumpkin soup recipe is the perfect way to stay warm on long, chilly autumnal evenings. A frighteningly tasty brew, our easy vegan pumpkin soup is a treat the whole family can enjoy. Whether you’re celebrating Halloween or just need a healthy warm lunch option, look no further than our delicious pumpkin soup recipe.
At a Glance
How to make Pumpkin Soup
Wondering how to make pumpkin soup? Our pumpkin soup recipe is easy to make and incredibly versatile. To find your perfect pumpkin soup taste, mix up your toppings to get different flavours by using coriander, chilli flakes or toasted pumpkin seeds. And, if you’d like something hearty on the side, simply enjoy your Halloween pumpkin soup with a slice (or two) of crusty bread on the side.
What you'll need:
- 1 pumpkin
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed or finely chopped
- 1L of vegetable stock (check the packaging to make sure it's vegan!)
- 3 tbsp coconut cream
- 1/2 tsp all spice
- 1 tbsp ginger, finely chopped
- Pumpkin seeds, toasted
- Chilli Flakes
- Lime Juice, squeezed
- Coriander, chopped
- Peel and chop the pumpkin into small chunks and place on a baking tray with oil and the all spice. Roast for 30 minutes until soft. You can reserve the seeds, toast them and serve as a topping on your perfect pumpkin soup if you wish.
- Fry the onion in a big saucepan until soft and add the ginger and garlic and stir for another minute. Add the stock, coconut cream and roasted pumpkin to the pan and bring to a simmer.
- Remove from the heat and blend until smooth, if you prefer it thinner add a little more stock.
- Ladle into bowls and garnish with the toasted pumpkin seeds, a sprinkle of chilli flakes, lots of coriander and a squeeze of lime juice.
Receive our latest deals, news and competitions straight to your inbox!