Roast Lamb Recipe
Roast lamb, isn't just for Easter - if you’re wondering what to cook this Sunday, or you are entertaining guests, our roast leg of lamb recipe is a delicious addition to your table. Entertaining friends and family couldn’t be easier. Try this roast lamb recipe to impress your guests!
At a Glance
1 hour 30 min
How To Make A Delicious Roast Lamb Dinner
The Sunday roast dinner is a meal much-loved by millions across the nation. But what to cook? We’ve come up with an easy roast lamb recipe for Sunday lunch. Simple, traditional, and delicious! Pair with a juicy Shiraz.
Looking for lamb recipes for a big dinner? We’ve got the perfect dish up our sleeve – discover our roast lamb recipe to make your dinner party an extra special one.
What you'll need:
- Leg of lamb (preferably 2kg for serving size)
- 3x garlic cloves
- 20g butter
- Sprig of fresh rosemary
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- Vegetables, such as carrots or broccoli
- Roast potatoes
- Yorkshire puddings
- Mint jelly
- Start by preheating your oven to 200˚C.
- Peel and crush the garlic, then add to a mixing bowl with the butter and chopped rosemary. Mix together until it forms a creamy paste. Top tip: to add a zesty kick, squeeze in some lemon juice! If you’d rather make a marinade instead of a butter, simply drizzle some olive oil into the mixture.
- Season your buttery paste with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside to use on the lamb before it goes into the oven.
- Next, make several small incisions in the lamb using a sharp knife. Around 40 incisions are just right for a leg of roast lamb this size.
- Work the butter into the lamb with your fingers. This can get messy, so make sure you have plenty of kitchen roll to hand! If you are making a marinade instead of a butter, drizzle it over the lamb and give it a light massage.
- If you’re wondering how to roast lamb, it’s pretty simple. Put it in the oven and leave to cook for around 1 hour 30 minutes. Once cooked, set aside to cool for a further 10-15 minutes before carving!
This roast leg of lamb recipe is a guaranteed crowd-pleaser come Sunday. You can also experiment with other herbs, such as thyme and parsley, and even use a touch of mint jelly or sauce in your marinade. Serve up your roast lamb dinner with fresh vegetables, roast potatoes and Yorkshire puddings for a tasty finish to your table – whether you’re cooking up a special Easter Sunday dinner or a regular roast.
Got the family round for a roast dinner? Make sure you pop down to your local SPAR and grab all the essentials you need for your roast leg of lamb recipe.
Looking for more foodie inspiration? Sign up to our E-Newsletter for all the latest recipes and seasonal guides.
Receive our latest deals, news and competitions straight to your inbox!