At a Glance
A British staple: homemade Yorkshire puddings have graced dinner tables nationwide for decades. And our quick Yorkshire pudding recipe is guaranteed to have friends and family begging you for your easy Yorkshire pudding recipe. (Don’t worry, we won’t tell!)
How To Make Quick Yorkshire Puddings
Whether you’re looking for quick Yorkshire puddings in a batch size of your choosing, or a crave a single giant Yorkshire pudding, our homemade recipe has you covered. Straightforward and fool proof, our easy Yorkshire pudding recipe yields perfect Yorkshire puds, every time to complete your delicious Sunday roast.
What you'll need:
- 175g plain flour
- 2 eggs
- 280ml milk
- 2tbsp beef dripping or oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Start by preheating your oven to 220°C. This will need to be turned down to 190°C when the Yorkshire puddings go in, but it needs to be super-hot first.
- Sieve the flour into a bowl before cracking in the eggs and adding your salt and pepper.
- Beat the eggs together and slowly fold in the flour before adding milk to make a smooth pudding mix.
- Now the oven is hot enough, add the oil or beef dripping to a roasting tin to pre-heat it. Once it’s smoking hot, add the mixture into the roasting tin (depending on what Yorkshire puds you’re making, you’ll need one large roasting tin for a single giant Yorkshire pudding recipe or a muffin tray for individuals).
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until they rise, ending up nice and crispy – yet warm and fluffy on the inside.
- Serve and enjoy the results of our quick Yorkshire puddings recipe. (Whilst politely declining requests for your recipe for your Yorkshire pudding recipe.)
Tips & Tweaks:
Vegan? No problem! You can veganise our homemade Yorkshire pudding recipe by mixing up a batter using baking powder and unsweetened soya milk, instead of milk and eggs.
Yorkshire puddings date back to the 1700s, as documented in the 1747 cookery tome The Art of Cookery Made Plain. An early example of homemade Yorkshire puddings? Definitely. Edible today? Probably not. Voila! A recipe for quick Yorkshire puddings, that delivers perfect Yorkshire puddings every time. Inspired? Teach yourself how to make Yorkshire puddings this weekend; we guarantee the results. So, don your apron, bookmark our quick Yorkshire pudding recipe, and make our homemade Yorkshire pudding recipe your homemade Yorkshire pudding recipe. Who’ve thought such an easy homemade Yorkshire pudding recipe could result in such deliciousness…? We did! Which is why we’ve shared our quick Yorkshire pudding recipe with you. Use it wisely.
Whip up our easy Yorkshire pudding recipe and see what all the fuss is about this Sunday You can grab all your ingredients for our quick Yorkshire puddings from your local SPAR. For more foodie ideas and updates, sign up to our E-newsletter.