Spanish Chicken and Patatas Bravas
Looking for tasty Spanish chicken recipes to spark creativity behind the stove? Find your evening meal sorted with both main and sides – find out how to make Patatas Bravas and Spanish chicken with help from our simple recipe.
At a Glance
How to make Spanish Chicken and Patatas Bravas
Making easy Spanish recipes couldn’t be simpler with help from SPAR – find out how to make Spanish Chicken and Patatas Bravas for your next evening meal.
What you'll need:
Spanish Chicken Recipe Ingredients:
- 5 - 6 chicken thighs
- ½ an onion
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- 2 tablespoons of paprika
- 255g pimento olives
Patatas Bravas Recipe Ingredients:
- 12 large new potatoes
- 340g pureed tomatoes
- 1 small onion
- 1 red chilli pepper
- 1 garlic clove
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of parsley
- black pepper
- ½ teaspoon of paprika
- Optional: 170g dry white wine
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees Celsius.
- Place your chicken thighs onto a baking tray. Mix the paprika and olive oil in a small bowl, before coating the chicken with the mixture. Cover with tin foil and refrigerate for 4 hours.
- Finely chop your onions and olives – alternatively, use a food processor. Add to a bowl and drain as much liquid as possible.
- Placing the chicken on a baking sheet, lift the skin away from the meat using a knife. Stuff your olive and onion mixture under the skin and then place the skin back over the chicken to cover.
- Cook for 45 minutes until cooked through. Leave to stand for ten minutes before serving.
- Boil your potatoes until almost tender.
- To make your tomato sauce, finely chop onion and garlic and crush the red chilli pepper. Using a small saucepan, slowly heat the olive oil and add your onion and garlic, cooking for three minutes.
- Add the chilli pepper, tomatoes, wine, salt and pepper and parsley. Cook on a low heat for 20 minutes until thickened.
- Cut your potatoes into four wedges, brushing each wedge with remaining olive oil. Season with paprika.
- Grill your potato wedges for 5-6 minutes.
- Place your potato wedges into a serving dish and pour your tomato sauce over them. Finish by garnishing your Patatas Bravas with parsley.
Receive our latest deals, news and competitions straight to your inbox!