Easy Spanish Omelette
While it may share the same name as a classic omelette, it’s a dish in its own right. Larger, fluffier and often served cold – the Spanish twist brings a whole taste of its own. Find our easy Spanish omelette recipe below and whip up something new the next time you’re in the kitchen.
At a Glance
Your Spanish Omelette Ingredients List
Made up of only a handful of basic ingredients – traditional Spanish omelette recipes stick only to these. If you want to go outside the box and add a few twists of your own, cheese, vegetables, meats and different spices can all be added for a lively new take on the classic dish.
What you'll need:
- 5 Eggs
- 200ml Olive Oil
- Pinch of Salt & Pepper
- Sprig of Parsley
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 400g Waxy Potatoes
- Start by peeling the potatoes, then chop them into chunks or slices, whichever you prefer. Slice the onion, and set both to one side.
- Heat all the oil in a pan on a medium heat, then place the chopped potato and onion in the pan to fry. Leave on a medium heat for around 25 minutes to let the ingredients stew in the oil. Once the potatoes have softened, you can strain the potato and onion mixture – setting some of the oil aside for frying the egg mixture.
- Set the potato and onion to one side, and crack all five eggs into a jug. Whisk together until well-mixed, before adding the potato and onion. Add your parsley, salt, pepper and any other spices you want to use to flavour.
- Once all the ingredients are mixed together, pour the entire mixture into a lightly oiled pan on a moderate heat. When cooking an omelette, it’s important to retain its thickness. Using a pan too large will result in a flat omelette, so use a smaller, slightly deeper pan to make sure the mixture doesn’t spread too thin.
- Use a spatula to keep the shape while the mixture solidifies, and continue to fry until it sets. Next, use a plate to flip the Spanish omelette around and fry the top get an all-round crisp effect.
- Once cooked, let it cool, plate up and enjoy!
Run out of eggs? Need more potatoes? Top up anything you need for your Spanish omelette recipe from your local SPAR. Explore our grocery range to see what we’ve got to offer. Enjoy our quick Spanish omelette recipe? Hungry for more from SPAR? Sign up to our E-newsletter for more recipes and tips, as well as deals and competitions. We promise, you won’t want to miss out!
Receive our latest deals, news and competitions straight to your inbox!