Sticky Toffee Pudding
Craving something sweet? Look no further! Our Sticky Toffee Pudding is the ultimate treat that will leave you wanting more! 🍰😋
At a Glance
How to make Sticky Toffee Pudding
Quick and easy SPAR recipe for sticky toffee pudding with tasty toffee sauce. An indulgent treat that is cosy and comforting perfect for those with a sweet tooth. Makes the perfect Sunday lunch dessert. The question is what to dollop on top?
What you'll need:
- 2 medium eggs
- 150g chopped dates
- 250ml water
- 1.5 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 75g butter
- 125g light brown sugar
- 2 tbsp black treacle
- 200g flour
- 125g brown sugar
- 125g butter
- 200ml double cream
- Butter 6 ramekins or oven proof pudding basins. Place 150g chopped dates in a pan, cover with 250ml water and bring to the boil, simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, stir in 11⁄2 tsp bicarbonate of soda and mix until smooth.
- Preheat the oven to 170C fan. In a food processor cream 75g butter, 125g light brown sugar and 2 tbsp black treacle until pale and soft.
- Beat 2 eggs together and gradually add to the mixture. Sift over 200g flour, gently fold in or pulse on the machine. Stir in the blended dates.
- Spoon into the ramekins or basins, place on a baking tray and cook for 20-25 minutes until springy.
- Combine 125g brown sugar, 125g butter and 150 ml cream in a pan, heat gently stirring until well combined and toffee like.
- Invert the pudding basins onto small serving plates and pour over the sauce.
Receive our latest deals, news and competitions straight to your inbox!