Vegan Brownies with Walnuts Recipe
Let’s talk about brownies: divinely decadent, moist, and bursting with chocolate flavour. This vegan version is pure indulgence just waiting to be devoured!
At a Glance
How to make Vegan Brownies
Who doesn’t love a chocolate brownie? These simple vegan brownies are a sweet treat from heaven.
What you'll need:
- 100 grams extra-virgin coconut butter
- 100 milliliters vanilla almond milk
- 1 cup vegan unsweetened dark chocolate
- 3 tablespoons ground flax seeds (or chia seeds)
- 100 grams corn flour
- 100 grams rice flour
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened dark cocoa powder (or regular cocoa powder)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder (or baking soda)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 tablespoons powdered or liquid stevia (optional)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract (optional)
- 1/2 cup crushed walnuts (optional)
- The first step is to make your "eggs". Soak the 3 tablespoons ground flax seeds into 9 tablespoons of water and leave it for about 10 minutes to incorporate.
- Melt the extra-virgin coconut butter with the unsweetened dark chocolate on a water bath.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the corn and rice flour, dark cocoa powder, stevia, baking powder and salt. Mix well.
- Add the vanilla almond milk,vanilla extract and the ready flax eggs to the flour mixture. Mix again.
- Add the melted coconut butter and chocolate to the mix.
- Finally, add the crushed walnuts into the batter and mix everything together until everything is well combined.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F or 175°C degrees.
- Take a baking dish or spring form pan and place baking parchment on the bottom. Grease it with coconut butter to prevent the brownies from sticking.
- Pour the ready brownie batter into the greased dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- After baking, remove from the oven, cut into pieces, serve and enjoy.
Receive our latest deals, news and competitions straight to your inbox!