Creamy Garlic Mushroom Gnocchi
A restaurant-quality Italian classic without having to leave the house? Yes, please! A dish to delight, any night of the week.
At a Glance
How to Make Creamy Garlic Mushroom Gnocchi
The main event here is the gnocchi sauce; don’t be afraid to let it thicken. And remember, our mushroom gnocchi recipe is a gateway dish to your new mushroom gnocchi obsession – don’t say we didn’t warn you! Pop in-store today and grab everything your need for your creamy mushroom gnocchi.
What you'll need:
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ an onion, finely sliced
- 200g white mushrooms, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ tbsp basil
- ½ tbsp oregano
- ½ tbsp thyme
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 100ml vegetable stock
- 250ml double cream
- 1 x 500g pack of Gnocchi
- 50g parmesan cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Add olive oil to a frying pan over a medium heat. Sauté the onions for five minutes. Add the garlic and fry for one minute.
- Toss in the mushrooms and the basil, oregano, and thyme. Cook for another five minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the mustard and white wine. Let it simmer for a minute.
- Pour in the cream and the add the gnocchi. Once it begins to bubble, lower the heat to medium and cover. Cook for three minutes.
- Add the parmesan, salt, and pepper. By now the gnocchi should be soft, if it isn’t, allow it to cook for a few more minutes. Serve.
- Enjoy your mushroom gnocchi (and begin planning your next gnocchi recipe – we did warn you)!
Tips and Tweaks:
The better the gnocchi sauce, the better the gnocchi recipe. We recommend using double cream for a luxuriously smooth, effortlessly decadent sauce.
Not a fan of mushrooms? No problem! Our mushroom gnocchi is deliciously versatile; simply swap out the mushrooms for a vegetable of your choosing. The gnocchi sauce is bringing the flavour to this dish.
Receive our latest deals, news and competitions straight to your inbox!