This winter soup will take the chill off and make you feel better from the inside out! The best time for comfort food is during winter - and this vegan, gluten-free, easy-to-make dish will warm you in all the right places!
At a Glance
How to make Vegetable Soup
You can substitute butternut squash with any seasonal or available squash. Feel free to add any seasonal vegetable you like, such as string beans, broccoli, zucchini, kale, herbs, etc. You can also use a high-speed blender to purée the soup!
What you'll need:
- 1/2 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 0.5kg butternut squash,
- chopped 1 medium potato, diced
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 1 medium carrot, diced
- pepper, to taste
- 1L vegetable stock
- salt, to taste
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- fresh coriander leaves, for garnish (optional)
- Warm oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add onion stirring constantly until it softens and goldens.
- Add garlic, potato, thyme, carrot, and butternut squash, and stir to coat for about 5 minutes, or until the garlic starts to lightly brown.
- Add salt, water, and pepper, and bring it to a boil. Lower the heat and continue to cook for 20-25 minutes, or until the vegetables are thoroughly cooked and tender.
- Let soup cool slightly before serving.
- Use a blender to purée the soup to your desired consistency.
- Serve hot, garnished with fresh coriander leaves if using.
Receive our latest deals, news and competitions straight to your inbox!