Easy Brownie Recipe
Cook Time: 25 mins
Pair this simple brownie recipe with ice cream for an indulgent dinner party dessert or mid-week treat – because who doesn’t love a chocolate brownie? A fun activity for you and the kids, with a delicious reward.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/356°F/Gas Mark 4 and line a square baking tin with greaseproof paper.
- In a large bowl over a saucepan of hot water, melt together the dark chocolate and butter. To avoid burning, make sure the chocolate is chopped into similar sized pieces so that it melts evenly. If you’re using chopped nuts, now’s the time to mix them in!
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour and cocoa powder, then mix in the sugar and baking powder.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the melted chocolate to form your brownie batter.
- Add the vanilla extract and beat in the eggs until the batter is smooth.
- Transfer the mixture into the lined tin and bake for 25-30 minutes. To bake the perfect gooey brownie recipe, make sure the skewer doesn’t come out clean – you want them to be firm on the outside but soft in the middle.
- Allow the brownies to cool in the tin and then carefully bring them out to cut into 20 pieces. Stow any extra portions in the freezer for a rainy day treat!
Pick up the ingredients for this simple brownie recipe from your local SPAR. If you’re after a dairy-free alternative, why not try our vegan chocolate brownie recipe with walnuts? Or sign up to our E-newsletter for more foodie updates and inspiration.