Can you freeze quiche? Yes! Our quiche filling recipe is simple, versatile and perfect for batch cooking – simply let it thaw in the fridge overnight or defrost in the microwave. Find out how to make quiche with our easy quiche recipe below. Then, head on over to your local SPAR to pick up all the ingredients you need. But check out our deals and groceries online before you go, so you can get planning your shopping list.
Easy Quiche Recipe
Cook Time: 1 hour 30 mins
Our easy quiche recipe is a staple for casual brunching – but it doesn’t stop there. Learn how to make quiche and you’ll be set for lunch, dinner, buffets, dinner parties and so much more. This homemade quiche recipe is completely adaptable to whatever you have in the fridge.
What you'll need
9-inch flan or quiche tin
For the quiche pastry recipe:
200g plain flour, plus some extra for dusting
100g softened butter, with a little extra for greasing
A splash of cold water
A pinch of salt
For the quiche filling recipe:
4 large eggs
120ml whole milk
120ml double cream
125g cheddar cheese
Salt and pepper, to taste
Optional quiche recipe combinations:
Broccoli and stilton
Goats cheese, spinach and sun-dried tomato
Caramelised red onion, pancetta, brie and fresh rocket
Salmon and asparagus
Roasted veg and parmesan
- To make your pastry, sift the flour and salt into a large mixing bowl. Add the butter, rubbing it in with your fingertips until the mixture crumbles. Pour in a tablespoon of water at a time, until you’ve added enough to form a firm dough. Then, wrap it in cling film and leave it in the fridge to rest for around half an hour.
- Roll out your dough into a circle a few centimetres larger than your pastry tin – making sure you flour the surface and rolling pin.
- Grease your 9-inch tin with butter and transfer over the rolled-out pastry. Using your hands, gently press the dough into the tin and line the base and sides. Trim off any excess from the sides and use it to patch up any gaps. Leave to chill while you preheat the oven to 190°C/170°C Fan/Gas Mark 5.
- Blind bake the pastry case for around 20 minutes, while covered in baking paper and beans. Then remove the beans and paper and bake for a few extra minutes.
Top tip: Blind baking is the process of pre-baking pastry before adding the filling. This is a must when filling your crust with an unbaked filling as the moisture can make the crust soggy before it has the time to bake.
- Take out your pastry case and lower the temperature of the oven to 160°F/140°C/Gas Mark 3.
- In a large bowl, beat together the eggs, milk, cream, salt and pepper until fully combined.
- Sprinkle over your cheese and any other fillings (e.g. red onion, pepper, ham), then pour in the eggy mixture.
Top tip: Any raw fillings should be pre-cooked before being added to the quiche.
- Bake your quiche until the centre is just about set – around 45-55 minutes – and top with any extra ingredients (such as herbs, or an extra helping of cheese!) before slicing and serving.
Wondering what to serve with quiche? It goes perfectly with all salads, meats, roasted or boiled new potatoes, fresh vegetables, crusty bread and so much more… Looking for more foodie inspiration? Check out our new recipe categories, where you’ll find ideas for breakfast, lunch, dinner and everything in between – or sign up to our E-newsletter to receive latest recipes.