- These homemade sausage rolls require you to firstly preheat the oven to 200˚C (180˚C fan).
- Crush the garlic and fry in a pan with the onion until softened. Then transfer to a large mixing bowl and leave to cool.
- Meanwhile, peel away the skins from your sausages and blend the meat with the parsley on a high speed, adding a splash of water to slightly loosen the mixture.
- Combine the sausage meat and mustard with the onions and garlic and mix together.
- Unroll your puff pastry onto a chopping board and cut in half lengthways. Divide the sausage meat mixture into two and spread across the pastry in a sausage shape. Top tip: For the best sausage rolls, leave approx. 1cm around the edge for easy rolling.
- Tightly roll up the pastry around the meat – finishing with the join underneath and pressing lightly to seal.
- Brush with your egg or chosen milk alternative before cutting each roll into quarters, leaving you with eight equal-sized homemade sausage rolls.
- Sprinkle with sea salt flakes and crushed black pepper to taste.
- Place the rolls on a baking sheet and bake for 25-35 minutes – until the pastry is well puffed, golden and crispy, and the meat is cooked through.
- Serve up with a side of pickle, salsa or ketchup! These homemade sausage rolls are delicious cold or hot.
Flaky Pastry Sausage Rolls with SPAR
And that’s our easy sausage rolls recipe! Now you know the basics of how to make sausage rolls, you can make them bigger or smaller depending on your appetite – the choice is all yours. Like the look of our homemade sausage rolls recipe? Pick up all your ingredients for sausage rolls from your local SPAR. Hungry for more? We’ve got much more than easy sausage rolls to offer. Sign up to our E-newsletter to stay up to date with all of our latest recipes, competitions and news. Because at SPAR, we’re there for you.