Cook Time: 10 mins
Add a personal touch to your Easter with these Iced Easter Biscuits.
What you'll need
- 125g butter or margarine
- 150g caster sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 225g flour
- finely grated zest 1 orange
- 250g royal icing sugar
- food colouring and flower sugars to decorate
- Beat together 125g butter or margarine with 150g caster sugar. Beat in 2 egg yolks until smooth and sift over 225g plain flour and mix in with the finely grated zest of 1 orange.
- Roll out to half cm thick and cut out egg shapes. Bake on a greased baking sheet for 10-15 minutes at 180C until pale golden. Cool on the sheets for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To ice; mix 250g royal icing sugar with a couple of teaspoon of water until stiff. Divide into 3 bowls and colour according to your choice.
- Spoon a third of each into separate piping bags with a fine nozzle and pipe a line round the edge of the biscuit, leave to set.
- Slacken the icing slightly with more water and spoon onto the biscuit to ‘flood’ inside the piped line.
- Set in a preheated oven at 50C for around 30 mins. Pipe decorations of your choice.
- Set again in the oven for 30 minutes until hard.
Now it’s time to get cracking on making your Iced Easter Biscuits – find everything you’ll need from your local convenience store.