Cook Time: 10 mins
Add a personal touch to your Easter with these Iced Easter Biscuits.
What you'll need
125g butter or margarine
150g caster sugar
2 egg yolks
finely grated zest 1 orange
250g royal icing sugar
food colouring and flower sugars to decorate
1. Beat together 125g butter or margarine with 150g caster sugar. Beat in 2 egg yolks until smooth and sift over 225g plain flour and mix in with the finely grated zest of 1 orange.
2. Roll out to half cm thick and cut out egg shapes. Bake on a greased baking sheet for 10-15 minutes at 180C until pale golden. Cool on the sheets for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
3. To ice; mix 250g royal icing sugar with a couple of teaspoon of water until stiff. Divide into 3 bowls and colour according to your choice.
4. Spoon a third of each into separate piping bags with a fine nozzle and pipe a line round the edge of the biscuit, leave to set.
5. Slacken the icing slightly with more water and spoon onto the biscuit to ‘flood’ inside the piped line.
6. Set in a preheated oven at 50C for around 30 mins. Pipe decorations of your choice.
7. Set again in the oven for 30 minutes until hard.
Now it’s time to get cracking on making your Iced Easter Biscuits – find everything you’ll need from your local convenience store.