Now it’s your turn to make the best lemon drizzle cake – it’s quick and easy, and a fun activity that the whole family can enjoy. Whether you’re baking for fun or fancy an afternoon snack, follow our lemon drizzle cake recipe below to rustle up a sweet treat for the whole family.
Cook Time: 50 mins
This easy lemon drizzle cake is one of the nation’s favourite flavours. Zesty, delicious and completely moreish, our simple lemon drizzle cake recipe is foolproof.
What you'll need
For the cake
225g unsalted butter
250g caster sugar
225g self-raising flour
Zest of 2 lemons
For the drizzle
Juice of 1½ lemons
80g caster sugar
Icing sugar (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C Fan.
- Grease a loaf tin with butter and line with baking paper.
- In a bowl, beat together the butter and sugar until creamy.
- Mix in the eggs one at a time. Then, beat in the flour and the lemon zest until well combined.
- Bake for approximately 50 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean.
- While your lemon drizzle tray bake is cooling, prepare your drizzle by mixing the juice of 1½ lemons and 80g caster sugar together.
- Prick the surface of your lemon drizzle loaf with a skewer and pour over the mixture. The juice will sink in while the heat of the cake will cause the drizzle to form a deliciously crisp topping.
- If you’re looking for a more decorative finish, dust with a light layer of icing sugar!
Missing a few of the ingredients? Head to your nearest SPAR, where you’ll find everything you need to make this lemon drizzle cake recipe. For more foodie inspiration and fun family recipes, sign up to our E-newsletter and stay up to date with our latest deals and competitions.