1. Start by preheating your oven to 200﮿
2. Peel and crush the garlic, then put into a mixing bowl with the butter and chopped rosemary. Mix together until it forms a creamy paste.
Top tip: to add a zesty kick, squeeze in some lemon juice! If you’d rather make a marinade instead of a butter, simply drizzle some olive oil into the mixture.
3. Season your buttery paste with salt and pepper. Set aside to use on the lamb before it goes into the oven.
4. Next, make several small incisions in the lamb, using a sharp knife. Around 40 incisions are just right for a leg of lamb this size.
5. Work the butter into the lamb with your fingers. This can get messy, so make sure you have plenty of kitchen roll to hand. If you are making a marinade instead of a butter, drizzle it over the lamb and give it a light massage.
6. If you’re wondering how to roast lamb, it’s pretty simple. Put the lamb in the oven and leave it to cook for around 1 hour 30 minutes. Once cooked, set aside to cool for a further 10-15 minutes before carving!
This roast leg of lamb recipe is a guaranteed crowd-pleaser come Easter Sunday. You can also experiment with other herbs, such as thyme and parsley, and even use a touch of mint jelly or sauce in your marinade. Serve with fresh vegetables and roast potatoes for a tasty finish!
Got the family round for dinner this Easter? Make sure you pop down to your nearest convenience store and grab all the essentials you need for your roast leg of lamb recipe.
*Recipe adapted from Foodista, licensed under CC BY 3.0.