- Start by preheating your oven to 200 degrees Celcius﮿
- Peel and crush the garlic, then add to a mixing bowl with the butter and chopped rosemary. Mix together until it forms a creamy paste. Top tip: to add a zesty kick, squeeze in some lemon juice! If you’d rather make a marinade instead of a butter, simply drizzle some olive oil into the mixture.
- Season your buttery paste with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside to use on the lamb before it goes into the oven.
- Next, make several small incisions in the lamb, using a sharp knife. Around 40 incisions are just right for a leg of roast lamb this size.
- Work the butter into the lamb with your fingers. This can get messy, so make sure you have plenty of kitchen roll to hand! If you are making a marinade instead of a butter, drizzle it over the lamb and give it a light massage.
- If you’re wondering how to roast lamb, it’s pretty simple. Put it in the oven and leave to cook for around 1 hour 30 minutes. Once cooked, set aside to cool for a further 10-15 minutes before carving!
This roast leg of lamb recipe is a guaranteed crowd-pleaser come Easter Sunday. You can also experiment with other herbs, such as thyme and parsley, and even use a touch of mint jelly or sauce in your marinade. Serve with fresh vegetables and roast potatoes for a tasty finish to your Easter food table!!
Got the family round for a roast dinner this Easter? Make sure you pop down to your local SPAR and grab all the essentials you need for your roast leg of lamb recipe.
Looking for more foodie inspiration for your Easter table? Sign up to our E-Newsletter for all the latest recipes and seasonal guides.
*Recipe adapted from Foodista, licensed under CC BY 3.0.