Looking for tasty Spanish chicken recipes to spark creativity behind the stove? Find your evening meal sorted with both main and sides – find out how to make Patatas Bravas and Spanish chicken with help from our simple recipe.
4 hours 0 mins
Cook Time: 45 mins
Making easy Spanish recipes couldn’t be simpler with help from SPAR – find out how to make Spanish Chicken and Patatas Bravas for your next evening meal.
What you'll need
Spanish Chicken Recipe Ingredients:
- 5 - 6 chicken thighs
- ½ an onion
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- 2 tablespoons of paprika
- 255g pimento olives
Patatas Bravas Recipe Ingredients:
- 12 large new potatoes
- 340g pureed tomatoes
- 1 small onion
- 1 red chilli pepper
- 1 garlic clove
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of parsley
- black pepper
- ½ teaspoon of paprika
- Optional: 170g dry white wine
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees Celsius.
- Place your chicken thighs onto a baking tray. Mix the paprika and olive oil in a small bowl, before coating the chicken with the mixture. Cover with tin foil and refrigerate for 4 hours.
- Finely chop your onions and olives – alternatively, use a food processor. Add to a bowl and drain as much liquid as possible.
- Placing the chicken on a baking sheet, lift the skin away from the meat using a knife. Stuff your olive and onion mixture under the skin and then place the skin back over the chicken to cover.
- Cook for 45 minutes until cooked through. Leave to stand for ten minutes before serving.
- Boil your potatoes until almost tender.
- To make your tomato sauce, finely chop onion and garlic and crush the red chilli pepper. Using a small saucepan, slowly heat the olive oil and add your onion and garlic, cooking for three minutes.
- Add the chilli pepper, tomatoes, wine, salt and pepper and parsley. Cook on a low heat for 20 minutes until thickened.
- Cut your potatoes into four wedges, brushing each wedge with remaining olive oil. Season with paprika.
- Grill your potato wedges for 5-6 minutes.
- Place your potato wedges into a serving dish and pour your tomato sauce over them. Finish by garnishing your Patatas Bravas with parsley.
Now your easy Spanish recipes are complete, it’s time to serve up to guests or family. Serve up your Spanish chicken and Patatas Bravas on a large plate, with a side salad to finish.
Want more tasty ideas to spice up weekday dinners? Visit our blog for helpful how to’s, recipes and more. Now it’s time to get cracking on making your Spanish food recipes – find everything you’ll need from your local convenience store.