Serves: 6 people
Cook Time: 20 mins
Quick and easy SPAR recipe for sticky toffee pudding with tasty toffee sauce. An indulgent treat that is cosy and comforting perfect for those with a sweet tooth. Makes the perfect Sunday lunch dessert. The question is what to dollop on top?
What you'll need
2 medium eggs
150g chopped dates
1.5 tsp bicarbonate of soda
125g light brown sugar
2 tbsp black treacle
125g brown sugar
200ml double cream
1. Butter 6 ramekins or oven proof pudding basins. Place 150g chopped dates in a pan, cover with 250ml water and bring to the boil, simmer for 5 minutes.
2. Remove from the heat, stir in 11⁄2 tsp bicarbonate of soda and mix until smooth.
3. Preheat the oven to 170C fan. In a food processor cream 75g butter, 125g light brown sugar and 2 tbsp black treacle until pale and soft.
4. Beat 2 eggs together and gradually add to the mixture. Sift over 200g flour, gently fold in or pulse on the machine. Stir in the blended dates.
5. Spoon into the ramekins or basins, place on a baking tray and cook for 20-25 minutes until springy.
6. Combine 125g brown sugar, 125g butter and 150 ml cream in a pan, heat gently stirring until well combined and toffee like.
7. Invert the pudding basins onto small serving plates and pour over the sauce.
This elegant sparkling wine, from near Barcelona in Spain, is principally a great aperitif but also a fantastic food wine and provides lovely refreshment with this sticky toffee pudding.