- Cut up aubergine into thin slices, length ways, and place onto a baking tray
- Lightly brush olive oil onto both sides and season with salt
- Bake for 20 minutes at 200 degrees
- Mix together the remaining 1.5 tbsp of olive oil with paprika, honey, and mixed herbs
- Cut up the halloumi into fingers, and place into the marinade
- Place one finger of halloumi at one end the cooked aubergine, and roll the aubergine up, around the halloumi
- Brush on any leftover marinade
- Place back onto a baking tray and bake for 5 minutes at 200 degrees. Serve immediately while the halloumi is still nice and squeaky!
Pick up all of your vegetarian Christmas ingredients from your local SPAR. For more foodie inspiration and festive fun, be sure to sign up to our E-newsletter. And don’t forget to visit our Christmas Grotto; filled with recipes, activities, and blogs for the perfect festive season.