1. Start by preheating your oven to 220C°. This will need to be turned down to 190C° when the Yorkshire puddings go in, but it needs to be super-hot first.
2. Sieve your flour into a bowl before cracking in your eggs and adding your salt and pepper.
3. Beat your eggs together and slowly fold in your flour before adding milk to make a smooth batter.
4. Now the oven is hot enough, add your oil or beef dripping to your roasting tin to pre-heat it. Once it is smoking hot, add the mixture into your roasting tin (one large roasting tin for a single Yorkshire pudding or a muffin tray for individuals).
5. Bake for 20-25 minutes until they rise, ending up nice and crispy.
Still wanting to make Yorkshire puddings at home? Homemade Yorkshire puddings offer high reward, with little input. Who’d have thought simply whipping together a simple pancake mixture and popping in the oven for 20 minutes could result in something so tasty?
Make Yorkshire puddings from scratch and see what all the fuss is about this Sunday. Grab all your ingredients from your nearest convenience store today.
*Recipe adapted from Foodista, licensed under CC BY 3.0.