- Start by preheating your oven to 220C°. This will need to be turned down to 190C° when the Yorkshire puddings go in, but it needs to be super-hot first.
- Sieve the flour into a bowl before cracking in the eggs and adding your salt and pepper.
- Beat the eggs together and slowly fold in the flour before adding milk to make a smooth pudding mix.
- Now the oven is hot enough, add the oil or beef dripping to a roasting tin to pre-heat it. Once it’s smoking hot, add the mixture into the roasting tin (depending on what Yorkshire puds you’re making, you’ll need one large roasting tin for a single giant Yorkshire pudding or a muffin tray for individuals).
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until they rise, ending up nice and crispy – yet warm and fluffy on the inside.
Still wanting to make Yorkshire puddings at home? Homemade Yorkshire puddings offer high reward, with little input. Who’d have thought simply whipping together a simple pancake mixture and popping it in the oven for 20 minutes could result in something so tasty?
Make homemade Yorkshire puddings from scratch and see what all the fuss is about this Sunday. Grab all your ingredients from your nearest convenience store today.