Vegetarian Pigs in Blankets
Our veggie 'pigs in blankets' are a vegetarian twist on the old classics. Wrap marinated aubergine around slices of salty halloumi for a delicious veggie side.
At a Glance
How to make Veggie Pigs in Blankets
Follow our super easy recipe below to make these delicious Veggie Pigs in blankets to add to your Christmas dinner table this year!🎄
What you'll need:
- 1 Aubergine
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1.5 tsp honey
- 2 tsp mixed herbs
- 1 pack of halloumi
- Cut up aubergine into thin slices, length ways, and place onto a baking tray
- Lightly brush olive oil onto both sides and season with salt
- Bake for 20 minutes at 200 degrees
- Mix together the remaining 1.5 tbsp of olive oil with paprika, honey, and mixed herbs
- Cut up the halloumi into fingers, and place into the marinade
- Place one finger of halloumi at one end the cooked aubergine, and roll the aubergine up, around the halloumi
- Brush on any leftover marinade
- Place back onto a baking tray and bake for 5 minutes at 200 degrees. Serve immediately while the halloumi is still nice and squeaky!
Receive our latest deals, news and competitions straight to your inbox!