After a long day, there’s nothing better than tucking into a good, hearty meal. Our steak and mushroom pie recipe is just the ticket. Filled with a variety of wholesome veggies and succulent steak, this meal is sure to win over the whole family. Follow our step-by-step guide and watch our handy YouTube video to discover how to knock up this delicious dish!
Simple steps to make our steak and mushroom pie recipe
To cook our steak and mushroom puff pastry pie, you’ll need:
- 3 tbsp of flour
- 750g of beef steak
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion (diced)
- 3 carrots (diced)
- 1 stick of celery (diced)
- 55g of fresh peas
- 250g of large brown mushrooms (sliced)
- 4 cloves of garlic (crushed)
- 1 tsp of paprika
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tbsp of fresh rosemary
- 3 tsp of fresh thyme
- 500ml of beef stock
- 1 packet of puff pastry
- 1 egg
- Salt and pepper to taste
To make this steak and mushroom pie with puff pastry, just complete these simple steps:
- Make the filling. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Place the flour, salt and pepper into a small bowl and mix together. Next, roughly cube the beef steak and place it into a zip lock bag to coat it with the flour.
- In a large frying pan, heat up the olive oil and then add the beef. Once browned and sealed on all sides, throw in the diced onion, carrots, celery, peas, sliced mushrooms, crushed garlic, paprika, bay leaves, rosemary, thyme and cook on a low heat for 5 minutes. Then add the beef stock mix and simmer gently for an hour.
- Assemble the pie. In an oven proof pot, add all of the filling. Next, cover the top of the pie dish with puff pastry and then brush with egg. Pierce a cross on the top of the pastry, and then bake on the mid layer of the oven for 25 – 30 minutes (until golden brown).
- Serve the dish. Once finished, leave the pie to rest for 10 minutes. Then eat on its own or serve with some fresh vegetables! Why not make something sweet for afters? Try our simple strawberry and vanilla cheesecake recipe, it’ll go down a treat!
Fancy giving our easy steak and mushroom pie recipe a go? Get all the ingredients you need at your local SPAR.
Find your local SPAR
Find your local SPAR