Latest News at SPAR
- SPAR Brings Christmas Cheer to Marie Curie
- SPAR Store Manager Receives New Years Honour
- £60K jackpot for SPAR customers in N England in 2021
- SPAR on store recruitment drive in North of Scotland
- Free P.E. resources to get children active during lockdown
- Certas Energy acquires Seven Forecourts in the North East
- SPAR wholesaler launches new store in Cumbria
- CJ Lang wins Environment Award
- SPAR Natural makes GB debut
- The Beast from the East brings out the best in team SPAR Scotland
- SPAR Scotland first retailer to Cook with Welby
- 6,000 home deliveries dispatched from Quinn's SPAR
- SPAR Scotland gives cash back to Communities
- Too Good To Go in 275 Stores
- Airdrie retailer becomes part of the SPAR Scotland family
- Ambitious young retailer takes home Asian Trader award.
- SPAR delivers landmark 1 million pieces of PPE
- Celebrating female role models in sport
- SPAR Scotland raises £59k for Marie Curie
- AFB Launch Charity Campaign
- SPAR Coylton looks bigger and better
- SPAR Scotland extends its Snappy Shopper network
SPAR’s south west regional distribution company Appleby Westward is helping to distribute personal protective equipment (PPE) to 100 nurses across the region.
Marie Curie, the charity for people with terminal illness and Spar’s chosen national charity, contacted Appleby Westward to ask for help as it struggled to deliver essential PPE supplies to the nurses.
Appleby Westward’s logistics team is now picking up PPE parcels from Tiverton and delivering them to selected Spar convenience stores in the region from where nurses can pick them up.
Tom Heron, senior corporate partnerships manager for Marie Curie, said: “PPE has presented a huge challenge for us, both in acquiring enough to keep our nurses safe and then delivering it across the region to support work with patients in time, which is what we have been struggling with most. It’s a real testament to Appleby Westward and Spar as a business for supporting communities in this way.”
Find your local SPAR