Latest News at SPAR
- SPAR Brings Christmas Cheer to Marie Curie
- SPAR Store Manager Receives New Years Honour
- £60K jackpot for SPAR customers in N England in 2021
- SPAR on store recruitment drive in North of Scotland
- Free P.E. resources to get children active during lockdown
- Certas Energy acquires Seven Forecourts in the North East
- SPAR wholesaler launches new store in Cumbria
- CJ Lang wins Environment Award
- SPAR Natural makes GB debut
- The Beast from the East brings out the best in team SPAR Scotland
- SPAR Scotland first retailer to Cook with Welby
- 6,000 home deliveries dispatched from Quinn's SPAR
- SPAR Scotland gives cash back to Communities
- Too Good To Go in 275 Stores
- Airdrie retailer becomes part of the SPAR Scotland family
- Ambitious young retailer takes home Asian Trader award.
- SPAR delivers landmark 1 million pieces of PPE
- Celebrating female role models in sport
- SPAR Scotland raises £59k for Marie Curie
- AFB Launch Charity Campaign
- SPAR Coylton looks bigger and better
- SPAR Scotland extends its Snappy Shopper network
- SPAR Scotland rolls out new food-to-go brand, CJ's
- £10k Quids In Winner Announced
- SPAR's Virtual Conference
- SPAR Haworth re-opens
- SPAR Wins Big
- The future of convenience is with SPAR
- SPAR Scotland & Scottish FA
- Wellbank welcomes SPAR store
- SPAR Scotland unveils new lorry designed by 8 year old
- Community Cashback Winners Announced
- SPAR Moffat Driven to Success
- SPAR Scotland Ready For More
- SPAR Scotland Launches Euros Campaign
- Record Sales with CJ's
- SPAR Scotland trials fruit campaign
- The First SPAR UK Fresh Concept Store Opens in NI
- SPAR Scotland launch driver apprenticeship scheme
- Blakemore Retail Launches First SPAR Market Store
- Roadchef chooses EDGEPoS for its SPAR stores
- SPAR celebrates opening in Blantyre
- CJ Lang Receives RoSPA Award
- SPAR MD Louise Hoste Announced as New Chair of ACS
- The Convenience Awards 2021 winners revealed
- Award Winning Spirits
- Luxury Mince Pies Win BBC Good Food Award
- Healthy Living Programme
- SPAR Sandwiches Passes £600k for Marie Curie
- A.F. Blakemore & Son Well Positioned for Growth
- SPAR renews sponsorship of Lancashire School Games
- New SPAR and Shell forecourt opens
It has been a month of milestones for James Hall & Co. Ltd as the company’s total charity support through SPAR sandwich sales has passed through the £600,000 mark.
A decade after launching its penny pledge per sandwich sale in October 2011, James Hall & Co. Ltd has now reached the major six figure total.
For the last four years of the 10-year initiative, Marie Curie has been the beneficiary of the pledge through sales of customers’ favourite fillings, and in late September, the £200,000 milestone was achieved for the UK’s leading end of life charity.
In 2021 alone, James Hall & Co. Ltd has helped raise more than £56,000 for Marie Curie through sandwich sales and other fundraising which is enough to fund 2,844 hours of care from a Marie Curie Nurse.
The charity provides essential frontline nursing and hospice care for people with any terminal illness, a free support line, and a wealth of information and support on all aspects of dying, death and bereavement.
To spread the goodwill even further during the festive season, James Hall & Co. Ltd will pledge 10 pence per sandwich sale to Marie Curie for the fourth consecutive year.
The month of milestones comes soon after James Hall & Co. Ltd recently achieved its best day for sandwich orders from the 600 SPAR stores it services across the north of England.
Manufactured by its brand the Northern Sandwich Company, James Hall and Co. Ltd recorded 28,646 sandwich orders for the Saturday of the August Bank Holiday weekend, smashing its previous order record set in May 2020 by more than 1,300 sandwiches. The same month, it manufactured its 60 millionth sandwich since production began in 2009.
Peter Dodding, Sales and Marketing Director at James Hall & Co. Ltd, said: “We all know the nation loves a great sandwich, and we are extremely proud that in a record-breaking period for our sandwich products, Marie Curie has benefited from this.
“Marie Curie Nurses and the wider support the charity provides are hugely valuable for people and families who are affected by terminal illness, so we are delighted to be able to continue supporting this wonderful cause.”
Michelle Martin, Director of Development and Communities at Marie Curie, said: “It’s a tremendous achievement that the SPAR sandwich has helped Marie Curie Nurses to support so many dying people and their loved ones.
“We are very grateful to all the customers who picked up a lunchtime bite or car journey snack, and to James Hall & Co. Ltd for their continued support with the 10 pence pledge this festive season. Your support makes a very big difference.”
Find your local SPAR