Serves: 4 people
Cook Time: 45 mins
Quick and easy SPAR recipe for apple crumble. This is a classic made with delicious dried fruit. Perfect served warm with fresh cream, ice cream or custard.
What you'll need
500g Bramley apples
50g brown sugar
75g Demerara sugar
1⁄2 tsp ground cinnamon
custard to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 180C. Peel, core and slice 500g Bramley or cooking apples and toss with 50g brown sugar, 75g sultanas and the finely grated zest and juice of a lemon.
2. Spoon into a baking dish.
3. Sift 200g flour into a large bowl, add 125g cubed butter and rub into the flour.
4. Stir in 75g Demerara sugar and 1⁄2 tsp ground cinnamon.
5. Spoon over the apples and bake for 45 minutes until golden and bubbling.
6. Serve hot with custard.
SPAR Perlezza Prosecco
This is a very slightly sweet, yet briskly refreshing sparkling wine from Northern Italy, with a lively mousse which makes a fun match for apple crumble.