1. Begin by peeling the carrots. On a chopping board, cube the carrots into even chunks and chop up the onion into small pieces and set to one side.
2. In a large pan over a medium heat, add the oil and chopped onions. Cook until the onions are soft.
3. Add the carrots into the pan and sauté the ingredients for 2 minutes.
Tip: For extra thickness, add a tin of tomatoes or chopped up garden tomatoes to the pan for a more substantial soup.
4. Boil some water either on the hob or by using the kettle. Pour the boiled water over the carrots and onions, just enough to cover the contents of the pan.
Tip: Add less water to begin with as you can always add more to thin the soup later.
5. Add salt and pepper for taste, alongside 1 tsp of the ground coriander.
6. Using a soup blender, or a regular blender, blend the soup until it has reached a desired thickness. Tip: For a thinner soup, add more water.
7. Once blended, your simple carrot and coriander soup is ready to serve hot.
For keeping guests cosy with a tasty starter, team up your classic bowl of homemade carrot and coriander soup with crunchy ciabatta bread on the side. Or, for a casual mid-week meal, buttered toast dipped into the soup makes for a tasty, effortless combination. Find everything for your homemade carrot and coriander soup recipe from your nearest convenience store.
*Recipe adapted from Foodista, licensed under CC BY 3.0.