Pumpkin Chilli Soup
Indulge in a delicious and healthy meal that's perfect for lunch or dinner. Whether you're a vegetarian or simply looking to add more plant-based options to your diet, this chilli pumpkin soup will leave you feeling satisfied and nourished.
At a Glance
How to make Pumpkin Chilli Soup!
Try our signature Chilli Pumpkin Soup today and discover a whole new world of tasty sensations, perfect for any mealtime craving. Trust us, your taste buds will thank you!
What you'll need:
- 1 medium-sized pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons of SPAR extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 red chilli from our SPAR Mixed Chillis, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped or crushed
- 600ml SPAR No1 chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 red chilli from our SPAR Mixed Chillis, sliced in rings
- 4 tablespoons Ann Forshaw’s Greek Style natural yogurt
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/gas mark 6.
- Peel the pumpkin. Cut the pumpkin in half and remove the seeds with a spoon. Cut the pumpkin into chunks.
- Put the pumpkin chunks onto a baking tray and coat the pieces with a tablespoon of oil. Roast in the oven for approximately 30 minutes or until the pumpkin is soft and golden.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a pan and sweat the chopped onion until soft (around 5-7 minutes).
- Add the garlic, chilli, cumin and coriander and cook for a further 2 minutes. Put to one side until the pumpkin is ready.
- Add the roast pumpkin into the pan with the onions and pour in the stock. Bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Liquidise the soup. Taste and season to your liking. Serve and garnish with a tablespoon of Greek Yoghurt and red chilli rings.
Receive our latest deals, news and competitions straight to your inbox!