At a Glance
How to make Buffalo Cauliflower Wings
If you want to make our spicy cauliflower bites, look no further than our easy to make recipe. Perfect as a side, snack or starter everyone will love these oven-roasted cauliflower bites.
What you'll need:
- 1 tbsp sweet smoked paprika
- 1⁄2 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 100g plain flour
- 200ml buttermilk (See recipe for how to make your own, with 200ml milk & 1tbsp lemon or vinegar)
- 1 head of cauliflower (500g), broken into florets
- 80g hot sauce of choice
- 1½ tbsp SPAR honey
- 1 tbsp butter
- celery sticks, to serve
For the ranch dip
- 100g Greek yogurt
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp chopped chives
- 1-2 tbsp milk
- Heat the oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7 and line a baking tray with baking parchment.
- If you are making the buttermilk- mix 200ml milk and 1tbsp lemon juice in a jug. Leave at room temperature for 5-10mins until milk has thickened slightly. Don’t worry if the mixture looks curdled or has small white lumps in it, it will be fine once cooked.
- Once your butter milk is complete, mix together the paprika, cumin, garlic powder, flour and ½ tsp salt in a large bowl. Make a well in the centre and whisk in the buttermilk. Tip in the cauliflower and toss to coat. Spread out the cauliflower on the baking tray and cook for 20-25 mins, turning halfway through, until crisp at the edges.
- Warm the hot sauce, honey and butter in a small pan set over low heat, for 2-3 mins. Liberally brush over the cauliflower and put back in the oven for 8-10 mins.
- For the ranch dip, whisk together the yogurt, mayo, chives, milk and a pinch of salt in a bowl. Serve the with the cauliflower alongside some celery sticks for dipping.
Receive our latest deals, news and competitions straight to your inbox!