Cheese and Mushroom Crepes
These Breton inspired crepes are delicious for breakfast or a light lunch. They are rich and decadent whilst also tasting light and well balanced. The earthy mushrooms and chopped herbs work wonderfully with Cathedral City Cheddar!
At a Glance
How to make Cheese and Mushroom Crepes
This recipe uses Cathedral City cheese. You can now buy Cathedral City cheese in your closest SPAR store!
What you'll need:
For the Crepes:
• 150g Plain Flour
• 2 Eggs
• 350ml Milk
• 2 Tbsp Butter for frying
• 1 tsp Sea Salt
For the filling:
• 200g Mushrooms
• 1 Tbsp Salted Butter
• 1/2 tsp Sweet Paprika
• 1/2 Lemon, juice & zest.
• 150g Cathedral City Cheddar
• Fresh Dill / Parsley
1. Add the flour to a mixing bowl and make a hole in the middle for the eggs.
2. Crack in the eggs and stir in with a little of the milk. Then add the milk little by little, stirring into an even smooth batter.
3. Add a pinch of salt to the batter and give it a stir. Set the batter aside for 20 mins in the fridge.
4. In a frying pan, add the butter with the mushrooms, roughly chopped and cook for around 5 minuted until soft, still with some bite, then add the lemon juice and sweet paprika along with a good seasoning of salt and pepper. Add the lemon zest before serving.
5. Cook the crepes in a medium heat pan greased with butter for around 1 minute each side until golden and slightly crispy.
6. Serve folded with the mushrooms and plenty of grated cheddar, finally sprinkle with the chopped fresh herbs.
Receive our latest deals, news and competitions straight to your inbox!