Chocolate Orange Mousse
Receive our latest deals, news and competitions straight to your inbox!
At a Glance
An orange-infused dark chocolate mousse that’s fizzing with flavour; our chocolate orange mousse recipe is a dessert they’ll remember this Valentine’s Day.
How to make chocolate orange mousse
Set aside strawberries and cast out cherries; it’s time for orange mousse to deliver a decadent dessert this Valentine’s day. Our easy chocolate orange mousse is perfect for anyone feeling… adventurous this year.
What you'll need:
For the Mousse:
100g dark chocolate, chopped
1 orange, zested
400ml double cream
For the Garnish:
- Melt the chocolate with the orange zest in a bowl over a pan of gently simmering water, or alternatively in the microwave in a microwave-safe bowl on a medium setting in 20-30 second intervals. Set aside to cool.
- Whip 300ml of the double cream until you have soft peaks, then carefully fold in the cooled chocolate mixture.
- Divide the mousse between 6 small glasses or ramekins.
- Whip the remaining cream to soft peaks and spoon over the mousse. Garnish with orange zest and chocolate shavings to serve.
- Serve and enjoy your chocolate orange mousse!
Tips & Tweaks
We prefer our easy chocolate orange mousse recipe with dark chocolate, but for a lighter, silkier chocolate mousse feel free to swap out dark cholate for milk chocolate.
It is, theoretically, possible to make wine from oranges by fermenting them with lemons, sugar, water, yeast nutrient, and wine yeast, but… maybe don’t try it for Valentine’s day.
Has our chocolate orange mousse recipe got you craving something zesty? Head on down to your local SPAR to pick your ingredients. For more foodie inspiration and regular updates, sign up to our E-newsletter. Check out our desserts section for more sweetness.