Easy Brownie Recipe
Pair this simple brownie recipe with ice cream for an indulgent dinner party dessert or mid-week treat – because who doesn’t love some chocolate indulgence? This delightfully easy brownie recipe is a fun activity for you and the kids, with a delicious reward.
At a Glance
How to make chocolate brownies
Packed full of dark chocolate and delicious gooey goodness, this easy brownie recipe never disappoints. Try it at home and treat yourself today!
What you'll need:
- 250g unsalted butter
- 360g caster sugar
- 75g cocoa powder
- 4 large eggs
- 75g plain flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 175g dark chocolate
- 50g chopped nuts, optional
- For this chocolate brownie recipe, preheat the oven to 180°C/356°F/Gas Mark 4 and line a square baking tin with greaseproof paper.
- In a large bowl over a saucepan of hot water, melt together the dark chocolate and butter. To avoid burning, make sure the chocolate is chopped into similar sized pieces so that it melts evenly. If you’re using chopped nuts, now’s the time to mix them in!
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour and cocoa powder, then mix in the sugar and baking powder.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the melted chocolate to form your brownie batter.
- Add the vanilla extract and beat in the eggs until the batter is smooth.
- Transfer the mixture into the lined tin and bake for 25-30 minutes. To bake the perfect gooey brownie recipe, make sure the skewer doesn’t come out clean – you want them to be firm on the outside but soft in the middle.
- Allow the brownies to cool in the tin and then carefully bring them out to cut into 20 pieces. Stow any extra portions in the freezer for a rainy-day treat!
Who doesn’t love a chocolate brownie? These simple vegan brownies are a sweet treat from heaven!
Receive our latest deals, news and competitions straight to your inbox!