Mediterranean Sausage Tray Bake Recipe
Looking for a new family staple? This sausage tray bake recipe is full of veg, flavour and tasty goodness. Plate up your sausage bake with a fresh salad, crusty bread and some tasty hummus for a fresh, easy dinner.
At a Glance
How to make a Mediterranean sausage tray bake
Our sausage bake recipe will become a firm family favourite. It’s so quick and simple, you can throw this sausage and veggie bake into one dish and have it ready in less than an hour – and it’s even easier if you prep your veggies ahead! This is a dinner recipe that you’ll definitely want to add to your repertoire.
What you'll need:
- 4 sausages – or veggie alternatives!
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, sliced
- 400g cherry tomatoes
- 2 medium red onions, quartered
- 400g new potatoes, sliced in half
- 4 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 2tsp dried oregano
- 1 small handful of thyme, leaves picked
- 1tsp sea salt
- 1tsp cracked black pepper
- Olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 200°C/Gas Mark 6.
- Throw all the veg into a large baking dish, topping with the herbs and seasoning. Mix together with 2 tbsp olive oil, making sure all the veg is coated.
Top tip: Prepping ahead of time? At this stage, you can cover and leave your sausage tray bake in the fridge until you cook it later that night.
- Roast the veg in the oven for around 10 minutes.
- Remove the dish from the oven and stir through the garlic.
- Place the sausages on top and bake for an extra 25-30 minutes, until the sausages are cooked through and the vegetables are tender.
- Serve straight out of the oven with a fresh salad, hummus and other tasty sides or dips.
Receive our latest deals, news and competitions straight to your inbox!