Feeling hungry? Looking for an easy Thai green curry recipe? This dish is famous worldwide for a reason! It’s a collision of aromas, tastes and textures in one delicious mouthful. Learn how to make your own authentic Thai green curry from scratch today.
At a Glance
How to Make Thai Curry
One of the more popular Thai food recipes to make an impression on our palates in the UK is chicken Thai green curry – an instantly recognisable dish combining fragrant ingredients and distinctive flavours to make for an authentic Southeast Asian delight, without having to ring up for a takeaway! Try our easy Thai green curry recipe for a quick family dinner this week.
Cooking up your own homemade Thai green curry is easier to make than you might think. Follow our easy Thai green curry recipe below to get started:
What you'll need:
- 500g diced chicken breast
- 3tbsp green curry paste
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 1 cup mushrooms
- 1 cup baby corn
- 1 onion
- 3 fresh chillies
- 2 kaffir lime leaves
- 1 1/2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1tbsp sugar
- 1tbsp cooking oil
- 2 cups of rice
- Start by adding your cooking oil to a pan and sautéing the Thai green curry paste over a medium heat. Once fragrant, reduce the heat and gradually add your coconut milk. Keep stirring until the oil surfaces.
- Add your chicken and kaffir lime leaves, cooking for between five and six minutes until your chicken is cooked all the way through. Top Tip: This recipe for Thai curry calls for chicken, but feel free to add a plant-based alternative for your meat-free guests. We recommend a firm tofu to absorb the beautiful flavours!
- Once the chicken is cooked, transfer the mixture to a pot and place over a medium heat. Bring to the boil before adding sugar, fish sauce, baby corn, mushrooms and onion.
- Add two cups of rice to a pan of water and bring to the boil before letting simmer for 10-15 minutes. Strapped for time? Pick up a packet of microwaveable rice for the same great results in two minutes!
- Once the curry is cooked, add your chillies and turn off the heat.
- When the rice is ready, simply plate up with your Thai green curry and serve!
Receive our latest deals, news and competitions straight to your inbox!