Thai Fish Cakes
Fancy trying out a fresh, tasty new recipe? Find out how to make Thai fish cakes below. Perfect for both lunch and dinner, and ideal for batch cooking! Family and friends will love this Thai fish cakes recipe!
At a Glance
Easy Thai Fish Cakes Recipe
Looking for that perfect Thai fish cakes recipe? Dodge the frozen variety and make your own at home. If you’re wondering how to make Thai fish cakes, our handy, easy recipe will take you through every step. From the ingredients you’ll need to what to serve with fish cakes as a starter – SPAR has you covered. Make them bite size and serve them with a sweet chilli dipping sauce for a canape with a twist.
What you'll need:
- 400g white fish, e.g. cod or pollock, defrosted if frozen
- 1tbsp red Thai curry paste
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 1 lime
- 1 egg
- SPAR plain flour, for dusting
- SPAR extra virgin olive oil, for frying
- Lime wedges
- Spring onions
- Add your white fish, red Thai curry paste, 2 chopped spring onions, the zest of a lime and an egg in a food processor and blend until you form a rough paste.
- Taking small handfuls, shape your easy Thai fish cakes into patties and dust with a little flour.
- Heat a small amount of oil in a large frying pan and cook the fish cakes in batches for around 5 minutes (or until golden), turning regularly.
- Serve warm with a side salad of lettuce, cucumber, spring onions and tomatoes, a drizzle of sweet chilli sauce and lime wedges. Top Tip: Serving as a main? Pair your Thai fish cakes with some hearty mashed potato, a fresh salad or crispy chips for the perfect taste combination.
Receive our latest deals, news and competitions straight to your inbox!