- Add olive oil to a frying pan over a medium heat. Sauté the onions for five minutes. Add the garlic and fry for one minute.
- Toss in the mushrooms and the basil, oregano, and thyme. Cook for another five minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the mustard and white wine. Let it simmer for a minute.
- Pour in the cream and the add the gnocchi. Once it begins to bubble, lower the heat to medium and cover. Cook for three minutes.
- Add the parmesan, salt, and pepper. By now the gnocchi should be soft, if it isn’t, allow it to cook for a few more minutes. Serve.
- Enjoy your mushroom gnocchi (and begin planning your next gnocchi recipe – we did warn you)!
Tips and Tweaks:
The better the gnocchi sauce, the better the gnocchi recipe. We recommend using double cream for a luxuriously smooth, effortlessly decadent sauce.
Not a fan of mushrooms? No problem! Our mushroom gnocchi is deliciously versatile; simply swap out the mushrooms for a vegetable of your choosing. The gnocchi sauce is bringing the flavour to this dish.
Tastebuds piqued? Pop into your local SPAR to pick up those all-important gnocchi recipe ingredients. Need pasta goodness for your summer menu? Check out our pesto linguine. For more foodie ideas and regular updates, sign up to our E-Newsletter.