Our sausage bake recipe will become a firm family favourite. It’s so quick and simple, you can throw this sausage and veggie bake into one dish and have it ready in less than an hour – and it’s even easier if you prep your veggies ahead! This is a dinner recipe that you’ll definitely want to add to your repertoire.
Cook Time: 40 mins
Looking for a new family staple? This sausage tray bake recipe is full of veg, flavour and tasty goodness. Plate up your sausage bake with a fresh salad, crusty bread and some tasty hummus for a fresh, easy dinner.
What you'll need
1 red pepper, sliced
1 yellow pepper, sliced
400g cherry tomatoes
2 medium red onions, quartered
400g new potatoes, sliced in half
4 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
2tsp dried oregano
1 small handful of thyme, leaves picked
1tsp sea salt
1tsp cracked black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 200°C/Gas Mark 6.
- Throw all the veg into a large baking dish, topping with the herbs and seasoning. Mix together with 2 tbsp olive oil, making sure all the veg is coated.
Top tip: Prepping ahead of time? At this stage, you can cover and leave your sausage tray bake in the fridge until you cook it later that night.
- Roast the veg in the oven for around 10 minutes.
- Remove the dish from the oven and stir through the garlic.
- Place the sausages on top and bake for an extra 25-30 minutes, until the sausages are cooked through and the vegetables are tender.
- Serve straight out of the oven with a fresh salad, hummus and other tasty sides or dips.
And that’s our sausage tray bake recipe! Fancy giving it a go yourself? Find all the deals and groceries you need at your local SPAR to pull together this delicious sausage and veg tray bake – no hassle, no fuss. For more foodie inspiration, sign up to our E-newsletter and receive regular recipe and seasonal updates, as well as the latest on our upcoming deals and competitions. At SPAR, we’ve got you covered.