- Heat one tablespoon of olive oil in a large pan over a high heat and add your mince. Brown off and separate with a spoon. Remove from the pan, drain the fat and leave aside.
- Lower the heat to medium. Add the second tbsp of olive oil into the pan along with all your veggies and the garlic. Sweat off for 5 – 10 minutes until soft.
- Add the paprika, cumin and chilli powder and cook for another two minutes. Add the tomatoes to the pan and crumble in the beef stock cube. Add a splash of water and then turn down the heat and let your one pot chilli cook down for 20 minutes. Make sure it doesn’t stick and add extra water if it looks a little dry. Top tip: Use the water from your rice pan to soak up some of that flavour!
- Stir through the beans to warm through for a few minutes and serve with fluffy rice and a dollop of sour cream!
- Serve and let our slow cooker chilli con carne warm you up; from the inside out!
Tips & Tweaks:
Vegetarian mouths to feed? No problem! Our easy chilli con carne can easily become a vegetarian chilli con carne by swapping out beef mince for plant-based mince.
If you’re looking for an ideal date to make our slow cooker chilli con carne, the 4th of February is Chilli Con Carne day in the USA. But why should they have all the fun? And that’s how to make chilli at home! Our slow cooker chilli con carne recipe is the ultimate comfort food. Snag the ingredients for chilli con carne at your local SPAR. For more recipe inspiration and regular updates sign up to our E-newsletter.
Like our one pot chilli con carne recipe? Take a look at the below:
One Pot Chickpea Curry
One Pot Vegetable Pasta
One Pot Squash Dahl